You should make sure to schedule a meeting, or include it in a scheduled IEP or 504 meeting, to update staff on any changes to your child’s medical protocol. It is also a good time to review things that will help to keep your child safe, and allow them to have an optimal educational experience.
Some of the things you may want to discuss include:
- Your child’s Seizure Action Plan
- Your child’s seizure triggers
- Classroom accommodations (such as no fluorescent lighting)
- Any changes in your child’s abilities or behavior
- Any new medical challenges
- Any changes to your living situation
- Educating your child’s peers on epilepsy and seizures
The TSC Alliance offers multiple resources on their site for school issues that may help you navigate the educational system.